Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 1

Hi everyone! I gottta be somewhat fast as I am in a Cafe right now and paying money for this. Let me tell you a bit about day 1 of Trip Honduras. First off I got up at 1 am. I was none too thrilled about that. But on our trip O´Hare I slept most of the way. Once at the airport we had to wait for about an hour and a half for check-in. After we were allowed to get through security (and it definitely was security let me tell you) we went to McDonalds where we were talking to a half asleep employee. While we were eating breakfast we were watching the planes go by. It was interesting. Following breakfast we sat around watching more planes. There was a lot of planes. Anyway, eventually our plane came and it was time to board to go to Miami. We got on the plane and I learned on the way there two things... 1 is that this was my cousin, Jennifer´s first time riding a plane, and 2 I learned that not only do you have to pay for the refreshments now on the plane but you need a credit card! I was so dissappointed. So we touched down in Miami and I learned something else then. Never... EVER... get food from a stand in an airport. The food was outrageously expensive (something like $50 for a sandwich, 2 salads, a 3 soda/waters. a bag of Chips Ahoy cookie things, and a fruit bowl) and the food is crap. Horrible. So we go to the plane for to take us to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. We got off on what must've been the last plane landing that night and had to wait forever for immigration things. Before we got our baggage my mother told us that we are to not let anyone help us because they expect a tip. Well that was hunky-dory but when the hotel man (Luis was his name) came to collect us, a kid (no more than maybe 7) came up to me to offer to carry my bag. I thought he was like Luis' son or something but my mom told me I had to give him a tip. I was not laughing. I was stiffed a dollar and mom and Jennifer were trying to hold in their laughter. Not working out so well. So we were in the van and Luis drove us through San Pedro. They drive like animals. I am reminded of my grandpa Jim and my cousin (Jennifer's brother) Joe competing to get somewhere. I swear the right lane was for people going the speed limit and the left lane was for people going like 20 miles over the speed limit. It was interesting and also everyone in Honduras is horn happy. Though since they beep their horn every 30 seconds they don't hold the horn long like people in the US. Also we saw many american things like Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasar's, Ice Age 3, Harry Potter 6, Transformers, and Shell gas stations. Luis was awesome and told us all about Honduras the way to the B&B. The street that the B&B was on was just destroyed. It was due to rainwater. Suppsedly the street was a river to divert water from the Malls and when it went down the street it killed it. We got settled in to the B&B (very cozy and nice it was) and went to eat dinner at a nearby taco place. The owner was like 78 so he knew what he was doing. It was very good. After this we came back to the B&B, we watched Hitch in our room and went to sleep. Very interesting day.

Answer to Previous Riddle: An umbrella
Riddle of the Day: A three letter word in which if you add two letters there is less.

No comments:

Post a Comment